Gluten & Grain Free, No Refined Sugar, Paleo Friendly
Just a little piece of these will satisfy any sweet craving!
- 6 tbsp. unsalted grass-fed butter
- ¾ c. maple sugar
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped* (We used our Extra Dark chocolate bars - find here)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder* (We used our raw cacao powder)
- 3 tbsp. arrowroot powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 or 9x9 inch square pan with parchment on the bottom and slightly butter the sides.
- Use a double broiler* set over low heat, melt the butter, then add the maple sugar. Once the sugar is incorporated, add the chopped chocolate, stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and add the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla extract.
- Sift the cocoa powder and arrowroot powder into the bowl, then add the salt. Stir together, then beat the batter vigorously for 1-2 minutes. Beat until the batter is smooth and shiny.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 22-30 minutes or until the brownies are set in the center, make sure not to over bake otherwise they will be hard to cut. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 45 minutes before removing and slicing.
- If you don't have a double broiler put a few inches of water in a small pot, on low heat and use a glass mixing bowl over top.
- For best results use our chocolate, but if you don't have - any high quality semisweet chocolate will do.