Yields: 6-10 Cookies Depending on what size you want.
Cookie is - Gluten Free , No Refined Sugars,
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup maple almond butter*
- ⅓ cup Grade B maple syrup
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 pint of vanilla ice cream of choice. ( we used and <3 Jenis Grass-Fed ice cream ) You could also use a high quality coconut milk ice cream.
Notes - To achieve a cookie like the one shown above, use a stoneground almond butter like ours. A chunkier almond butter will yield a very different, but still delicious product.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, beat the egg with a whisk until it is slightly frothy. Add almond butter, maple syrup, baking soda, and salt, mixing well until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, take 2 Tbsp. of dough and spoon it on the cookie sheet. Note - the cookies spread while cooking so give enough space between them.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until edges begin to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Cookies should be chewy with crisp edges
- Then assemble cookies & Ice cream