What's better than one chocolate cake? Two actually! This easy recipe is the perfect way to treat yourself or someone else after a long day. It only takes 20 minutes of hands-on work, letting all your creativity go into making an incredible dessert that will stay moist for days and be topped with either vanilla ice cream (your choice) & chopped nuts if you're feeling fancy; or fresh berries.
This batter makes two 9x5-inch pans, 12 inch x 8 inch cake or one tube pan depending on your needs or what you have available. For all cakes, wait until the cooked cake is cool before unmolding; if you are pressed for time, give at least 10 to 15 minutes to the cake to come down in temperature, as very hot cakes can be damaged easily when un-molded too soon. For all recipes that use icing make sure to wait until it's totally cooled down before handling so as not ruin any of those delicious flavors!
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 7 Nohmad chocolate bars (be sure they are melted and cooled, about 11 ounces tota)
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease either two 9x5 loaf pans, two 12x8 pans, or 1 tube pan, depending on which you want to use or what you have available.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla with an electric hand mixer.
- Add syrup and melted chocolate and mix completely.
- Blend in the buttermilk.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture until well combined and pour the batter into prepared pans.
- Bake loaf pans for 55 minutes, the rectangular pans for 25 minutes, and the tube pan for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Cover it with foil immediately. This has a steaming effect and keeps the cake moister. Keep covered until the cake is completely cool.
- Serve and enjoy!